CODE OF CONDUCT
Student-Athletes represent North Toronto to the community. Please review the Code of Conduct with your parent or guardian before trying out.
Student athletes are a direct reflection of our educational philosophy. Athletes serve as visible role models after whom other students in the school system can model their behaviour. The following code of behaviour will help to guide the conduct of student athletes participating in TDSSAA-approved sporting events.
It is expected that all students will:
- compete for the enjoyment of the game and the pursuit of individual as well as team excellence
- strive to understand, respect, and follow the rules of the game at all times
- demonstrate good sportsmanship and fair play
- conduct themselves with honour, dignity, and self-control
- appreciate the efforts of their teammates and opponents
- be generous in victory and gracious in defeat
- show respect for the authority and decisions of coaches, staff, and officials
- respect all athletics facilities and property
- respect the rights of opponents, teammates, and spectators on both sides
- refrain from the use of profanity, taunting, threatening actions, and violence at all times
- report all suspected concussions to their coach/staff advisor*
- behave in accordance with all TDSB policies
* Coaches should be updated during the season with medical concerns that would impact participation.
Before trying out, all athletes must complete the tryout form. You must complete a form for each sport that you play.
Bring the signed form to the first tryout.
If you did not attend North Toronto C.I. last year, please see Ms. Rough in the H.P.E. office by the gym on the lower level.
CONCUSSIONS & RETURN TO PLAY
If there is a suspected concussion, parents or guardians must complete the Return to Play form.
All school athletes must view the concussion awareness video before the season.